Our solicitors assist business owners (from small business to large corporate structures) to establish and maintain productive businesses by working with them to come up with the best structure with which to operate and pursue their business interests. We provide legal advice over a broad range of business and commercial issues and draft the documents required for all types of business and commercial transactions.
As a focused commercial legal practice, we know what’s going on in the industries that our clients operate in. We place great importance on continuing legal education and training and encourage our people to engage in a variety of community activities. We take time out to keep learning and we embrace technology. We keep looking to improve our high standards.
Our clients include small and large business, companies and trusts, and we always work with our clients’ accountants and financial planners where necessary to ensure that each professional involved in the transaction is on the same page.
Our solicitors have experience in:
- Business structures: If you are establishing a new business enterprise we can give you advice and help set up the business up as a structure suitable to your needs whether by sole trader, partnership, joint venture, company or trust. If you’re looking to restructure your business we can help with partnership dissolutions and corporate restructures.
- Business contracts: Our commercial lawyers can prepare or review all types of legal contracts including purchase or sale of business, Put and Call Options, franchise agreements, supply agreements, service agreements, distribution agreements, partnership agreements, sale of shares, shareholders agreements and other commercial contracts. We’ll make sure that the contract terms and conditions are suitable for your business now and into the future and ensure that due diligence standards are met.
- Commercial disputes and commercial litigation: We offer dispute resolution services and business litigation covering a wide range of problems including breach of contract, building and property disputes, debt recovery, copyright infringement, partnership disputes and corporations law.
- Corporations law: We can assist with shareholders agreements, advice on corporate governance, documenting company administrations.
- Franchises: If you’re looking to buy into a franchise we can help you go through the franchise agreement and franchisor disclosure documents to make sure that you are aware of all of the issues that could make or break your new business.
- Copyright, trademarks and patents: We can help you manage and enforce your intellectual property rights, including litigation where needed. We can also help you with registering designs, patents and trademarks.
- Property and leasing: We can assist with retail leasing and commercial leasing for both landlords and tenants. We can also assist with the sale or purchase of commercial property.
- Commercial law and small business legal advice: We offer small business legal help in a wide range of matters including trade practices law and consumer law.
- Workplace and employment: We can draw up or review employment contracts and workplace agreements as well as assist with disputes and unfair dismissals. We can also assist with occupational health and safety issues.
- Bankruptcy and insolvency: We can assist with the whole process of recovering money owed to you from an initial Letter of Demand through to Statement of Claim and Court Judgment.
- Taxation and finance: we can draft and review mortgages, guarantees, charges and other securities documentation as well as advise in regard to GST, Capital Gains and Land Tax.
- Business succession and asset protection: You need a plan in place to make sure that your business and personal assets are protected. We can work with your business and family to devise a plan that keeps your hard earned assets safe through unit, discretionary and family trusts, Wills and/or Powers of Attorney.